2022 Onsite Flu Events
Getting a flu shot is FREE for any Harris County employee or retiree covered on Harris County insurance (Cigna). Flu shots will be administered on a first come, first serve basis.
The Fluzone Quadrivalent flu vaccine
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
- Full-time Harris County employees and spouses covered on Harris County insurance (Cigna)
- Full-time new Harris County employees still within their benefits waiting period
WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE?
- Under 18 years of age
- People who have had a previous reaction to the flu vaccine
- People who are ill or have had a fever in the last 72 hours
- People who have Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- People who are sensitive to latex
- People with allergies to eggs, egg products, a previous vaccine, or Thimerosal
WHAT TO BRING?
- Driver's license
- Cigna insurance card
- Employee ID Number (new employees)
CAN'T MAKE IT TO AN IN-PERSON FLU EVENT?
- Visit an in-network retail pharmacy or your primary care provider to receive a a flu shot for free using your Harris County insurance (Cigna).
- Visit the Harris County Employee Health & Wellness Clinic, managed by Kelsey-Seybold Clinic and located at 1310 Prairie Street, 9th Floor. Please call 713-442-WELL (9355) to schedule your appointment.
- Call Cigna (1-800-244-6224) for more options near you!