Stop The Flu!
Seasonal Flu Vaccinations
Getting a flu shot is FREE for any Harris County employee covered on Harris County insurance (Cigna). Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a limited schedule will be available. Flu shots will be administered on a first come, first serve basis.
The Fluzone Quadrivalent flu vaccine
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
- Full-time Harris County employees and spouses covered on Harris County insurance (Cigna), bring driver's license & Cigna insurance card
- Full-time Harris County employees still within their benefits waiting period, bring driver's license & Employee ID number
WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE?
- Under 18 years of age
- People who have had a previous reaction to the flu vaccine
- People who are ill or have had a fever in the last 72 hours
- People who have Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- People who are sensitive to latex
- People with allergies to eggs, egg products, a previous vaccine, or Thimerosal
CAN'T MAKE IT TO AN IN-PERSON FLU EVENT?
- Visit an in-network retail pharmacy or your primary care provider to receive a a flu shot for free using your Harris Couny insurance (Cigna).
- Beginning September 2nd, visit the Harris County Employee Health & Wellness Clinic! The clinic is managed by Kelsey-Seybold Clinic and is located at 1310 Prairie Street, 9th Floor. Please call ahead (713-442-9355) to schedule your appointment.
- Call Cigna (1-800-244-6224) for more options near you!